I wish I could just bury this project but I was so intent on getting it done that I feel I had to share. This is what I call keeping it real..
I started here with this post about needing window inspiration & motivation. I got started and finally finished. I'll make this short and post pictures for your entertainment. Bottom line is I used the shower curtain hem for my hem thinking that it would be even and I could do less measuring, cutting and sewing. (I always use fabric so I have never had this happen.)
Opps! Perhaps, I should have done a little more measuring, cutting and sewing! Unfortunately, I sewed the dowel rod pockets on the back and they ARE level. It doesn't look too bad up, but down it looks terrible. One day I may change it, but as long as we are keeping things real...I doubt it will happen.
Lesson learned. I will be making my own hems from now on!