Thursday, October 27, 2011

A sailing we will go

I found some inspiration on Pinterest (shocker!) which was originally from Apartment Therapy (a great & fun source!)


I wanted flags but I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them. I did find them online at $20 each. I needed 6. ($120ish) It just seemed like a lot of money for some flags, that soon the boys would grow tired of?

So you know me, I set out to make my own. I found the boys initials on line yeah google, got some paint (3 colors for .50 each) & canvases from Michaels, with coups of course ($7/each). I still wasn't sure how to hang them. But then the light bulb went off and I went to Lowes to get rope that looked like sailing rope ($5ish) and cleats ($1.50/each).

I taped out the canvases with painters tape (after measuring, of course!)and then Q painted them. I then drilled holes on two sides of each canvas, strung the rope through, tied some knots, cut the rope, burned the edges and hung them up. I wish it was that easy. I didn't have a bit the size of the rope so it took a wee bit longer than I had anticipated or hoped. But I was anxious and didn't feel like heading back out for a bit. And, I am sure B was sleeping.

The boys room is far from finished, but we have a helper special visitor coming this weekend who I am sure is going to want to help finish it up?!

So without further a do....
BPP

CQP

I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed with my cleat idea, it's my favorite so far!

The (not so finished) wall

$120ish vs $54 (and some change) (Thanks to painters tape on hand. However, if you weren't letting your 4 year old paint them, you wouldn't need the tape, just a ruler and a pencil!)

Next up, more art work, curtains (and their very cool rods)a new bed for the little guy (that needs to be purchased), and a dresser (that needs some painting). Yup, we are a little busy over here!

You can find more boy's room deets in this post

And now you can see I linked up with Beth over at A 2 Zbecause I couldn't resist not sharing this easy, fun & colorful project!

No comments:

Post a Comment