Monday, November 15, 2010

Functional Storage

I love storage. I love pieces that are functional. So when I find a piece that does both it's a no brainer! It's coming home with me!

Living in Boston provided many great things. However tons of square footage was not one of them. So, everything had to function.

My roommate went and bought a blanket chest like this one & I stained it.

Picture from Sanford Unfinished Furniture


Since our days there it has been around the block. Literally. As well as Chicago, back to Boston, Raleigh, and now Denver.

It has been re purposed many times over. A footrest, blanket storage, Christmas storage, a coffee table, an end table, clothing storage. Most of all it has been loved.

What's your favorite (non kitchen) functional piece?

No comments:

Post a Comment